A Paris Journal

If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris.... then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, like a moveable feast. Ernest Hemingway

Name:
Location: Sonoma, California, United States

I am constantly a work in progress.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Souffle Shuffle


Mary prevailed in the restaurant selection, Again. We went to an all soufflé restaurant. Souffles must be a woman thing. I sacrificed Steak with béarnaise sauce and pomme frites for an all soufflé line-up? Hold the applause.

I got through the spinach soufflé with ease and shuffled into the ham and cheese soufflé for my main course. The decadent chocolate soufflé with melted chocolate was my well earned reward for dessert.

Mary had another line up of stars culminating in a classic Grand Mainer Soufflé. The waiter poured a hefty amount of Grand Mainer into the middle of hers. At her urging I tried some. I spooned some of her dessert into my mouth and felt that warm rush, the taste of the Grand Mainer and the heat of the alcohol. It was delicious.

Great! I’m going to leave the program over a damn soufflé! Wait till I tell the guys that one, it won’t be a tough sell will it? Don’t tell Jimmy Fex what ever you do, can you imagine his response? I like the visuals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home